Monday, November 15, 2010

Road Map?

This morning I heard a radio preacher say that if you follow Jesus your problems don't go away but you receive a map or a compass for life. That might well be true to a certain extent but that is not the good news of the gospel; even with a map people sometimes get lost. Followers of Jesus don't get a map, they get a Christ. This means that His life of obedience becomes their life of obedience, His resurrection and exaltation is credited to them and His future victory is their future victory. As followers of Christ the life we live is not one of following directions but of living by faith in the only one capable of following directions. Paul beautifully summarizes the Christian life in Galatians 2:20 by saying:

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

No comments: